Sunday, July 12, 2015

July Work Day

Thanks to Rachael for capturing notes about the day.  Sounds like the group was small but very productive.  And in Rachael's words "We had a great day of quilting!!! ".   Praise the lord for blessing this group with a love of quilting and such a desire to serve Him.
 
Some tidbits:

  • The 5" blocks were found.  I understand they now represent 2 beautiful tumbler quilts.  No pics yet but I'll try to capture them for the next email or get them on the blog. 
  •  
  • Batting was cut for several of our finished tops and Norma took many of them home!  I bet she's anxious to put that quilting machine to work since it's been gone for so long.
  •  
  • Rachael is getting creative with strips sets.  I can't wit to see what she comes up with. 
  •  
  • It sounds like I need to get more kits made up.  Look for more of them at next month's meeting!
 
I received an email from  a Hope member who is looking for some help. Take a look and let me know if you have any recommendations to offer up? 
I know nothing about quilting, and I have a 35-year-old quilt in desperate need of repair.  It has several tears, plus seams that have come apart.  Is there anyone that's part of the Hope quilting group that can handle difficult repairs or knows someone who could?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and inquiries are warmly accepted.